ARTS AND CRAFTS
Dept 102 Sec G
1. Review General Rules.
2. This division is open to 4-Hers enrolled in any of the Arts & Crafts project areas.
3. Judging times will be assigned. If the 4-Her will not be present during consultation judging,
attach a note card explaining the exhibit (how it was made, what was learned, etc.) and arrange
for it to be brought to consultation judging.
4. Exhibits should be brought and entered at the time of judging. Entry during check-in times on
the fair schedule is not required.
5. All exhibits must be the work of the 4-H member in the current 4-H year.
6. Art work must be framed or mounted and ready to hang. Wire for hanging is recommended,
rather than tabs. All exhibits which are intended to be hung must have the appropriate hanger,
rod, wire or other mechanism attached in order to be properly displayed. Other exhibits should
be prepared for appropriate display.
7. Each 4-Her is limited to 8 entries in each of the 2 areas - Fine Arts, Crafts & Hobbies for a
maximum of 16 total entries in this division. A group such as a pair, trio, or a set must be entered
as one entry.
8. State Fair Exhibits - Entries in Fine Arts and Crafts & Hobbies are NOT eligible to exhibit at
the State Fair unless selected by the judges. The number of these items selected to represent
Barton County at the State Fair will be based on Barton County enrollment in the Arts and Crafts
project. Exhibitors of all state fair items must be at least 9 years old by Jan. 1, current year.
Includes sketching, drawing or painting, printmaking, sculpture, carving, stained glass,
calligraphy, and free form (hand molded and shaped) ceramics and pottery, and other fine arts.
5501- Level 1 (ages 7-8)
5502- Level 2 (ages 9-10-11)
5503- Level 3 (ages 12-13-14)
5504- Level 4 (ages 15-18)
Crafts and Hobbies
Includes decorative painting, tie-dye, appliqué, plastic canvas, holiday & patriotic crafts, latch
hook, ceramics, sand art, recycled crafts, tin punch, candle and soap making, scrap booking&
memory crafts, floral crafts, paper crafts, jewelry, 3-dimensional, glass
etching, decoupage, polymer clay, clay pots, bead projects, papier-mâché, and other crafts &
5551- Level 1 (ages 7-8)
5552- Level 2 (ages 9-10-11)
5553- Level 3 (ages 12-13-14)
5554- Level 4 (ages 15-18)
Champion and Reserve Champion named in each class from purple ribbons.
Overall Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion in both Fine Arts as well as
Crafts and Hobbies.