1. Clothing entries must be pre-entered by June 15th. The judging of clothing entries will take
place on Wednesday, June 27th. Schedules will be sent to those who pre-enter.
2. Garments must have been made in the current 4-H year. They may have been worn, but should
be carefully laundered or cleaned.
3. All clothing entries will be displayed at the Fair in order to receive premium money
4. Labels are not required for judging but are required when garment is brought to the Fair. Print
plainly on labels and sew into each garment exhibited.
5. Place all garments on hangers with hooks pointing toward the right shoulder. Cover garment
with a clear plastic bag.
6. Pre-cut kits are acceptable for clothing entries.
7. Members who cannot be present for consultation judging may send their entries with someone
else to be judged.
8. Members who meet age requirements and receive a purple ribbon for construction will be
invited to exhibit one garment only at the State Fair.
9. Patterns or instruction sheets may be shared with the judge during consultation, to show any
10. The 4-H member should know how to care for the fabrics in their garment.
11. Educational exhibits: Share with others what you learned in this project. Exhibits may be in
the form of a poster, notebook or display. If the exhibit is a poster it must not be larger than 22”
X 28”. If the exhibit is a display, maximum size is a 3 ’ X 4 ’ tri-fold display board.
Level 1 - (Ages 7 & 8)
3101 - Constructed Garment
3102 - Constructed Item (Non-wearable)
3103 - Educational Exhibit
Level 2 - (Ages 9, 10 & 11)
3104 - Constructed Garment
3105 - Constructed Item (Non-wearable)
3106 - Educational Exhibit
Level 3 - (Ages 12, 13 & 14)
3107 - Constructed Garment
3108 - Constructed Item (Non-wearable)
3109 - Educational Exhibit
Level 4 - (Ages 15 & over)
3110 - Constructed Garment
3111 - Constructed Item (Non-wearable)
3112 - Educational Exhibit
*Additional class available to all first and second year 4-Hers. These entries are not eligible to go
to the State Fair.
3113 – Sewing box or basket
Champion and Reserve Champion may be awarded in each level from purple ribbons.
Overall Grand and Reserve Grand Champion will be selected from the Level 1 - 4
Dept.102 Sec. L
1. Fashion revue entry forms for constructed and buymanship projects as well as a special form
for scripts will be sent to 4-Hers enrolled in clothing. They will be due June 15th at the
2. The judging of constructed and buymanship fashion revue entries will take place on
Wednesday, June 27th. Schedules will be sent to those who pre-enter.
3. 4-Hers may enter two outfits in construction and two outfits in buymanship for judging,
however, a total of two outfits may be modeled in the Public Fashion Revue. (Construction and
4. A cost summary sheet must be filled out and given to the judge.
4-Hers should know how to care for the outfit. Seniors should calculate cost per wearing to share
with the judge.
5. The buymanship project requires that everything which is considered an outer garment must
be purchased by the 4-Her or constructed by another person. Ex: vest, jacket, dress, skirt, pants,
6. Please see the fair schedule to see where and when the Public Fashion Revue will be held. 4-Hers must be present at the Public Revue in order to receive recognition or
awards. All fashion revue garments must be displayed at the Barton County Fair in order to
receive premium money.
7. If justified a champion and reserve champion will be selected from each age division in the
constructed and purchased garment revue. Grand and reserve grand champions will be selected
from the division champions. The senior champions in the constructed and purchased revue
categories will represent Barton County at the State Fair.
3114 - A garment or outfit - junior division (ages 7 - 9)
3115 - A garment or outfit - intermediate division (ages 10 - 13)
3116 - A garment or outfit - senior division (ages 14 and over)
3117 - A garment or outfit made by the 4-Her for a younger child
Formal Wear - short, mid-length or long length
3200 - Junior
3201 - Intermediate
3202 - Senior
Dress Wear - dressy dress, suitable for church or special functions, dressy pant suit
3203 - Junior
3204 - Intermediate
3205 - Senior
School/Casual Wear- sweaters, slacks, skirts, shorts, jumpers, jeans, vests, casual jacket
3206 - Junior
3207 - Intermediate
3208 - Senior
Active Sports Wear - tennis, jogging, spandex, pants, sweats, wind suit
3209 - Junior
3210 - Intermediate
3211 - Senior
Western Wear - western shirts, jeans, suits, boots, western accessories
3212 - Junior
3213 - Intermediate
3214 - Senior
Dress Wear - 2 or 3 piece suit or sport coat and dress pants, suitable for special occasions
3300 - Junior
3301 - Intermediate
3302 - Senior
School/Casual Wear - sweater, slacks, casual shirt, jeans, vest, casual sports jacket.
3303 - Junior
3304 - Intermediate
3305 - Senior
Active Sports Wear - tennis outfit, jogging suit, sweats
3306 - Junior
3307 - Intermediate
3308 - Senior
Western Wear - Western shirt, jeans, hat, western suit, boots.
3309 - Junior
3310 – Intermediate
3311 - Senior