1. Review General Rules
2. BARTON 4-H and Open Dog Show are scheduled to run same day at same time. See schedule of events for date and time. There is no entry fee for the 4-H Classes, see OPEN section of fair book for more info on the OPEN portion of dog show. Show will be held in the EXPO III building, with dirt arenas similar to state fair conditions.
3. Classes will be judged following the 2012 4-H Dog Rule Book (revised) guidelines available at County Extension Offices. This is a qualifying show for 4-H members enrolled in the Kansas 4-H project.
4. Entry Forms must be completed and given to project leader by June 15th.
5. To be eligible to show in the 4-H Division of the Barton County 4-H Dog Show, members and their dogs must have been enrolled in the dog project by May 1st of the current year and attended a minimum of 8 of the dog project meetings offered.
6. 4-H Dog Show Immunization Record must be completed for each dog entered at the Dog Show. A copy of the fully completed form must accompany the entry form.
7. Only participating dogs are allowed at the Expo Grounds during the time of the show.
8. Any abuse of dogs on the grounds, or in the ring, will result in disqualification. Any dog that is overly aggressive or potentially dangerous to people or other dogs must be removed from the grounds and disqualified. Judgment may be made by either the judge or show committee.
9. No dog in season will be allowed to show and must be removed from the fairgrounds immediately.
10. Any dog with a contagious, communicable or infectious disease or condition, in the judgment of the show committee or judge, cannot be shown. The dog must be removed from the show grounds immediately. This includes but not limited to: warts, ringworm, lice, mange.
11. Each exhibitor may enter one dog in showmanship. Multiple dogs may be entered in Obedience, Agility and Rally-O, provided that they are in different classes.
12. Classes noted with * are not considered qualifying classes, as they are not offered at the Kansas State Fair.
*Age is determined as of January 1st of the current year*
1801—Junior, age 7-9
1802—Intermediate, age 10-13
1803—Senior, age 14-18
1804*--Sit & Heel, 1st year member, age 9 or under
1805*—Pre-Novice A—1st year handler/ 1st year Dog
1806*—Pre-Novice B—Experienced Team
1807—Novice A—1st year handler/ 1st year dog
1808—Novice B—Experienced Team
(Small Dog is under 15” at withers, Medium Dog is 15-20”at withers, large dog is over 20” at withers)
1815*—Pre-Agility (on lead) small dog
1816*--Pre-Agility (on lead) medium dog
1817*--Pre-Agility (on lead) large dog
1818--Level I Agility – small dog
1819--Level I Agility – medium dog
1820--Level I Agility – large dog
1821—Level II Agility – small dog
1822—Level II Agility – medium dog
1823—Level II Agility – large dog
1824—Level III Agility – small dog
1825—Level III Agility – medium dog
1826---Level III Agility – large dog
1827*—Rally-O Level I
1828—Rally-O Level II
1829—Rally-O Level III