1. Review General Rules
2. All poultry must be banded to insure proper identification at the fair.
3. All poultry, pigeons and waterfowl must be owned and housed at the 4-Hers residence by May
1, current year with the exception of meat pen of broilers, which will be picked up by May 15th.
4. All poultry except waterfowl and pigeons must be blood-tested for pullorum-typhoid disease
within 60 days of the fair. Testing will be done on a designated day before entry deadline. A
small per bird testing fee will be charged and a certificate will be issued for birds with negative
results. Any entry testing positive will not be allowed to enter. Contact the Extension Office for
scheduled testing dates.
5. All birds will be examined at the fairgrounds and any evidence of disease will cause the entry
to be refused.
6. Include breed and band number on pre-entry form.
7. Exhibitors may enter no more than two entries per class, per variety, per breed. Each exhibitor
is limited to a total of twelve entries, excluding showmanship, in this department.
8. Exhibitors are expected to bring their own feed and take care of birds during the fair.
9. Pen of Three-3 Hens or 3 Pullets of the same breed, Single One of any breed or type.
10. Age classes for Poultry are Young birds/pens less than one year old. Old birds/pens are older
than one year at the time of the fair.
1600 - Standard - large fowl, old, single
1601 - Standard - large fowl, young, single
1602 - Bantams - old, single
1603 - Bantams - young, single
1604 - Production Pullets, pen of 3
1605 - Production Hen, pen of 3
1606—Turkeys, all ages, single
1607—Ducks, Standard breeds, all ages, single
1608—Ducks, Bantam breeds, all ages, single
1609—Geese, all ages, single
1610—Other Fowl, all ages, single
1611—Meat Pen of Broilers (pen of three, must be same breed, and follow guidelines in the
“Growing Broilers for State Fair” publication)
1619 – Trio – male and two female of the same breed. If birds are entered as a trio, they may not
be entered in any other class.
1612 - Pigeons, old, single
1613 - Pigeons, young, single
1614 - Doves, old, single
1615 - Doves, young, single
1616 – Showmanship, Junior (ages 7-9 as of Jan. 1 current year)
1617 – Showmanship, Intermediate (ages 10-13 as of Jan 1)
1618 – Showmanship, Senior (14 and older as of Jan. 1)
Champion and Reserve Champions
(Standard Breed, Bantam, Turkey, Duck, Geese, Other Fowl, Pigeon, Dove, Production Hens,
and Meat Pen) (At judge's discretion)
Home / Entertainment / Schedule / Events / Fair Book / Shop / Yearly Events /
BCF Assoc. Foundation / Results / Directions /Links / Contact/ Site Map
Send mail to the web administrator with questions or comments about this site.
© 2005 Barton County Fair Assoc. Designed and maintained by Chelsey Rziha , Element Artist. All rights reserved.