1. Review General Rules
2. Market lambs must have been owned and under management of exhibitor by weigh in date of
3. All market lambs must be evenly slick shorn at time of weigh-in.
4. Market lambs must weight a minimum of 90 lbs. in order to sell through the Sale of Champion
5. Market lambs less than 90 lbs. will be eligible to show in a special class but not eligible to
compete for any Champion or Reserve Champion award.
6. Registration or transfer papers for animals in the breeding classes must be in the name(s) of
the exhibitor before July 1, current year. Registration papers must be made available upon
7. No artificial coloring above the hock.
8. During the judges' inspection or handling, all four feet of the animal are to be in contact with
1399 – Natural colored, Champion and Reserve
1400 - Dorset, Champion and Reserve
1401 - Hampshire, Champion and Reserve
1402 - Suffolk, Champion and Reserve
1403 - Crossbreeds and Other, Champion and Reserve
1416 - Speckled Lambs , Champion and Reserve
Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Lamb
Participation ribbons will be given to exhibitors.
The following breeds will be shown as listed: A. Dorset B. Hampshire, C. Suffolk, and D. other
1404 - Yearling ewe, born on or between Jan. 1, previous year and Dec. 3, previous year
1405 - Ewe lamb, born or between Jan. 1, current year
1407 - Ram lamb, born after Jan. 1, current year
1408 - Pair of lambs owned and bred by 4-H exhibitor
1409 - Young flock, one ram lamb and 2 or 3 ewe lambs born in current calendar year
Champion and Reserve Champion Ewe (each breed)
Champion and Reserve Champion Ram (each breed)
Non-registered ewes, all breeds shown together. They are eligible to show at Kansas State Fair.
Nomination due June 15.
1410 - Yearling ewe
1411 - Ewe lamb
1412 - Pair of ewe lambs, owned and bred by exhibitor
Champion and Reserve Champion Ewe
1413 - Senior, 14 yrs. & over, by Jan. 1, current year
1414 - Intermediate, 10-13 yrs. by Jan. 1, current year
1415 - Junior, 9 & under, by Jan. 1, current year
Champion and Reserve Champion Senior Showman
Champion and Reserve Champion Intermediate Showman
Champion and Reserve Champion Junior Showman