1. Review General Rules
2. Market pigs must be owned by the exhibitor by weigh in date of the current year.
3. Market pigs for exhibit should be furrowed in the current calendar year.
4. Barrows and Gilts will show together as market hogs. The pigs will be shown by weight, not
breeds within their class. Weight classes will be determined by the swine committee to give more
equal distribution of weight and numbers per class.
5. Minimum weight for selling market pigs through the 4-H livestock sale is 230 lbs., maximum
weight is 290 lbs. Animals below and above the weights will not be eligible for Champions or
for premium sale.
6. No powders or oils may be used in swine or showmanship classes.
1299 – All Market Hogs (See Rule 4 above)
1303 - Breeding gilts born in current calendar year (May be divided by the 4-H Swine
Committee depending on the number of entries. The same gilt cannot be shown in both breeding
and market classes.)
Champion and Reserve Champion for each weight class
Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion Market Hog
1304 - Senior, 14 years and older by Jan. 1, current year.
1305 - Intermediate, 10-13 years by Jan. 1, current year.
1306 – Junior, 7-9 years by Jan. 1, current year.
Champion and Reserve Champion Senior Showman
Champion and Res. Champion Intermediate Showman
Champion and Reserve Champion Junior Showman